How to get started
Starting out in Red Light Center can be a little daunting. This page will give you all the information you need to successfully create an account and install the game.
Once these steps have been completed, make sure to read our ‘first steps’ and ‘basic orientation’ sections below to make sure you get off to a good start in RLC!
RLC: how do i sign up
- Follow this link to access the RLC signup page.
- Click the ‘Sign Up’ button
- Select a male or female avatar and some basic options – don’t worry, you can change the way you look later
- Enter your data (screen name, password and e-mail). Avoid using numbers in your password, since the game doesn’t recognise numpad input.
- Click the download button. Remember the location you are saving the download to, you’ll have to run the installation file later.
RLC: installation procedure
- Run the file you have just downloaded. (it should be called RedLightCenterSetup.exe)
- Click run and select your language
- Choose your installation directory
- The client will now download the required files, after which you can start the installation
RLC: first steps: screen setting, graphical settings, avatar creation
Once you launch the game, RLC will open in windowed mode, and at the lowest graphical settings. This can be fixed instanty:
- Double-click the blue bar at the top of the window or click the fullscreen icon at the top right to go fullscreen
- Press F7 or use the ‘settings’ icon in the top right corner to access your graphical settings.
– Change FPS from 30 to 60 or to unlimited.
– Change texture detail to ‘Ultra high’ (or at least to ‘high’)
- To change the way your avatar looks, click the shirt icon at the top right of the screen. This will open up the menu with all available customizations for your character.
You’ve done it! You’ve successfully created an account, installed the game, upgraded your graphical settings and customized your avatar! You’re ready to start enjoying RLC as it was meant to be enjoyed!
When you first access RLC, you’re in the . This is a good place to ask for advice, there are always some moderators or helpful players in this zone. You can also watch some orientation video’s that are scattered along the walls.
Once you feel like you’ve got a handle on things, go on to the . This is a hub from where you can access many interestion locations in RLC.
If you ever get lost or can’t find your way back to the transit centre, just press the home icon on the top left of your game screen, and you will instantly be zapped back to the transit centre from where you can get your bearings again.
(if you want to get a taste for the sexual crapola, go to … and do …)
That’s all she wrote folks, hopefully you’ve found this starting guide helpful. Give us a shout if you think anything’s missing from this page: we’ll be sure to add it for future reference!